2017 Request for Proposals
Up to 12 NC State faculty or staff members will be selected to participate in the new week-long program in Prague, Czech Republic from March 6-10, 2017. A majority of funding for the program is covered by International Affairs for the selected cohort, although departmental matching funds are encouraged. Read the full request for proposals for additional details.
International Affairs at NC State strives to promote faculty and staff global scholarship and research across the university’s colleges and departments. The NC State Prague Institute is a natural location for the inaugural symposium, as its academic and administrative home will transition to the Office of International Affairs to better serve the entire NC State community in the years ahead.
Collaborative opportunities abound at the Prague Institute, reaching well beyond the scope of the College of Design. This summit is designed for faculty and staff to explore opportunities for department or college specific involvement with the Prague Institute and surrounding university partners in the Czech Republic. Participants will have the opportunity to learn about the Prague Institute’s history, resources and opportunities from on-site staff and International Affairs program facilitators. Discipline-specific meetings with area universities will also be arranged for participants to explore co-teaching or collaborative research opportunities.
- Participants will explore current issues in comparative education, particularly focused on the European and American systems of international education.
- Participants will learn about the background, mission & vision, resources and opportunities for collaboration available at the NC State Prague Institute.
- Participants will explore program development options with the NC State Prague Institute and surrounding universities.
- Participants will discover Prague as a relevant and strategic destination for academic collaboration, utilizing the Prague Institute as a gateway to Europe.
- August 25, 2016 – Request for Proposals Announced
- October 5, 2016 – Proposal Deadline
- October 19, 2016 – Decision Notifications Distributed
- March 6-10, 2017 (Spring Break) – Program Dates in Prague
The application period is now closed and applications are under review.
Office of International Affairs
international-affairs@@ncsu.edu or (919) 515-3201